Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Turkey Day! November 25, 2013

Que tengan un dia increĆ­ble de Pavos!! :))

Here in Peru, I will not be eating a nice thanksgiving meal. BUT I will be thinking of you all and how grateful I really am to have you all as my family and to feel your love and feel your prayers every day :)

This week was a good one! I just really am so grateful to be here preaching the Gospel and helping others to come unto Christ. I feel the spirit every day and I see miracles every day. This truly is the Lord´s work. Nothing of much consequence happened this week so I am going to tell you about one of the investigators that we have..Hernesto :)

Hernesto is 76 years old and he was a referral from a family who are members of the church. The first time that we met with him, he said. ¨Look, just so you know, I was going to be a catholic priest and I am here to hear what you have to say to try to convince me so that we can compare our doctrines¨ Well...as missionaries, we do not contend with anyone and we just invite others to follow Christ, following the guidance of the spirit. 

We taught him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, how Christ´s original church was lost and restored again through Joseph Smith. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and to pray to know if it was true. At the end of the lesson he said, ¨wow, what you are saying really makes me feel good. I feel such an immense peace that I have never felt before. You have taught me something that I did not know before and I am just in awe. I feel like it is true.¨ 

The next lesson that we had with him, he told us that he had had a dream, in which, a man in a white tunic had come to him and told him to continue listening to us and to follow this path. He then said, ¨I have a surprise for you. I have decided, I want to be baptized¨

This man is incredible. He is so receptive to the spirit and is so willing to follow Christ as he gains more and more witnesses from the Holy Ghost that these things are true. This work is true, and we can all know it if we read the Book of Mormon, pray, and attend church.

Love you all and enjoy the turkey!

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hna Elisheva Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment