Sunday, November 10, 2013

San Juan!! November 4, 2013

Hola Familia!!

Well, I have some exciting news! I was transferred to Lima!! My new companion Hna Delgado and I were called to open a new area of sisters in San Juan de Miraflores, which is in Lima, relatively close to Chorillos where I started my mission. My companion is from Jaen, Cajamarca and her mission is Mexico, but she is here waiting for her Visa. We are excited to be here and to work with new people and find those who the Lord has prepared for us. 

I was super sad to leave Mala, especially saying goodbye to the members and my converts, but I know I was called here to San Juan for a purpose. Transfers were a bit odd this week as we got to our new area on Friday. These couple of days have been interesting and a testimony that we are supposed to be here. About 90% of the people that I have met look familiar to me. I obviously have never seen them in my life, but I recognize almost everyone! It is cool :)

We are planning on working hard and helping all those in our area to come unto Christ. We are working with a less active sister who has a daughter who is 10 who is preparing to be baptized. Her husband also wants to listen and get to know the church as well. I love it. There is literally no greater joy in helping people find Christ, and return to Him when they have fallen off the path. 

I know that I am here for a purpose and I know that what I am teaching, the restored doctrine of Christ is true. When I testify, I feel the spirit, and can also see in other peoples eyes that they can also feel it. Heavenly Father loves us and that is why His restored Gospel is on the earth, to bring to pass the inmortality and eternal life of man. 

I will have more to tell next week :) Love you all!

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment