Sunday, August 18, 2013

I got bit by a dog!! August 5, 2013

Buenos Dias Familia!!

So this week went by suuuuuuper quick, and a lot of things happened, but I dont remember all of them in a whole lot of detail because everything passed by so fast! Haha. But! Two big things, well three. The first, is that we have found a lot of new investigators who are anxious to learn about this incredible Gospel and have desires to be baptized! We currently have 5 investigators with baptismal dates, the majority of which are progressing beautifully with super big desires to follow the example of Jesus Christ. I love it! Their faith helps my faith to grow :)

The second big thing is that we moved! Attached is a picture of our luggage. :) We moved out of the house of the missionary couple in our area, the Price´s into our new apt. It is super small, but cozy. We have a little heater that heats it up quite nicely when we are freezing cold. BUT the funny thing is that we have no sink to wash dishes in, so we bought some buckets and we wash dishes on the floor :) Haha it is a fun, interesting experience.

And thirdly, I got bitten by my first dog this week! But, the good thing is that I was wearing boots, so it was ok :) There are soooooooo may dogs here in Peru, and especially in Mala, they seem to be quite angry. But, it is fun. :) 

Today, I officially have been in the mission for 11 months, starting my twelth. I cannot believe how fast time is passing! I really am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for everything that I have learned up to now and I know that there are so many more things that I will learn and so many more people that I will be able to help in my last 7 months. Something that President Douglas said to us in his weekly letter really stood out to me. He said that we have been called to this work by God, and because of that, He is willing and obligated to help us according to our obedience. 

There is a scripture that says: ¨I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.¨

 I have definitely seen it and I know without a doubt that this really is the work, and the church of Heavenly father, and His Son Jesus Christ.

I love you all and I hope your week is wonderful! 

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment