Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bautismoooooo! July 29, 2013

Buena Semana Familia!!

I hope your week was a wonderful one! Mine was a whole big mix! The first half of the week, I was suuuuuuuuuuper sick! I have no idea why. BUT because of it, we couldnt leave to proselyte :( However, I drank some wierd Gatorade type thing, took some super big pills (Because I can now take pills!! :) and received a Priesthood blessing and I am now super healthy! And we ended the week in a wonderful way!
On Friday night, we had a ward mission night where we were able to talk about Obedience! It was great! Something that I have reallity learned in my mission is that when we are obedient, we are blessed. INCREDIBLY blessed. What I love is that the Lord only asks of us what we are able to do, nothing more, nothing less and He always gives us a way that we can accomplish it. I love the scripture that says:
 "I will go and do the things that the Lord has commanded. For I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save He shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which He commandeth them." Obedience is the first law of Heaven and everything that the Lord has prepared for us, eternal life, living in His presence, immortality with our family is possible only by living it. I LOVE how simple and clear it is. :) We make covenants with God, and He blesses us. One of the covenants being baptism!! That we were able to see on Saturday!

Paul was baptized!! He is 12 and just wonderful. :) He knows what is right and he really feels it. We are also teaching his parents who are also planning on being baptized as soon as they get married. It was a happy day, the spirit was strong, he was incredibly joyful and I literally felt the love of God in the room with us. I love this work. I love the Gospel and I know that being exactly obedient is the way that we receive blessings.

I love you all! Have a good week!
Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali

PS. Attached are photos of Mala, my area, Paul's baptism and the elderly missionary couple that we are currently living with :)




No comments:

Post a Comment