Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cucaracha! October 14, 2013

Buena Semana mi querida familia!!!
I hope you all had a good week and aer now ready for another good one :) Not a whole lot of events happened this week. They actually all happened last week and I forgot to mention them because I was excited about  General Conference :)
About two weeks ago we moved apartments! We are now living with a less active member who is wonderful and is starting to come back to church and get a testimony again. Her name is Blanca and she is basically our mom here. The only downside is that sometimes there is no water so we get to shower with a bucket! It is a very fun experience :) Also, my companion Hna Chumbes, who was here waiting for her visa got called to Argentina last monday last minute and now we are in a duo, Hna Ojeda and I. It is very starnge being back in a duo, but we are loving it and are working hard.
Also, as you can see from the picture, this week we found a huge cockroach in our house! So we killed it kindly and took a picture :) Other than these exciting events, not too much happened. We are working and finding souls to teach and Heavenly father has blessed us with incredible people who are really ready to change and who have desires to know Jesus Christ. There are miracles every day and truly this work is incredible!
This morning in my personal study, I was studying about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I found a scripture that I really loved. It is found in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah. There is a specific phrase that says, ¨By His stripes, we are healed¨. However ill we may be, however lost we feel, however sad we are, Jesus Christ can understand what we are going through because He suffered everything, even more than death. Through Him, through His sacrifice, we can be healed. All we need to do is rely on Him and trust in the healing and enabling power of His Atonement, do our part repenting daily and we will be saved.
I love you all and I hope you can all remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ this week.
Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali :)



No comments:

Post a Comment