Sunday, February 9, 2014

Update--February 3, 2014

Hola Familia!!!

Ok, so honestly, this week flew by and not a ton of exciting tuff happened. However, seeing as I didnt send pictures last week, attached are some from the last week of last transfer. My companion and I and the sisters in the ward San Juan all went to the temple. It was awesome!! The temple is the best :) There is also a picture of our district and of my companion and I (she is awesome :) and last but not least, a super awesome family that I am going to tell you about now :)

Ok, so this week we taught a toooon of lessons. It was incredible!! I love teaching the restored gospel to those who have not herd it before and who have been prepared by the Lord to hear it and accept it. Best job in the world. Literally. But, this week (like I mentioned before) we have been working with less active members of the church. The family in the photo were less active, but this week we were able to help them come back into the fold and be able to partake of all the blessings that the Lord has for them. All of them shared their testimonies in church yesterday and the spirit bore witness that they had made the right decision returning to the church after many years. :) It was amazing!!

Also, this week we were able to help vrious members with a specific scripture which is a scripture of strength. :) It is in Mosiah chapter 24 in the Book of Mormon. It says: 
¨Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, For I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me. And I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders that even you cannot feel them upon your backs even while you are in bondage. And this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God do visit my people in their afflictions. And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light, yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of teh Lord came unto them again saying, be of good comfort for on the morrow, I will deliver you out of bondage.¨

I know that whatever we are struggling with, the Lord never forgets us and He strengthens us when we have no stength. 

I love you all! Have a good week!

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment