Sunday, January 6, 2013

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!! Monday, December 31, 2012


Hoooooooooooooola !!! :)

I hope that all of your Christmas´s were beautifully wonderful and full of happiness!! Mine was great! We had dinner with our zone, turkey, potatoes, chicha morada ( my new favorite drink made from purple corn) and some sort of interesting pasta salad. It was a grand old time. Also...Christmas here is super different than the states! They eat dinner at 11 or 12 at night, and stay up to watch fireworks and have parties until about 6am! Haha. Also, Dec 24 is big for them here, hardly anything happened on Dec 25! Very different but way fun! Im thinking we should implement this practice in the US :) Haha

Anyways, this week was a good one! We worked really hard this week to find new investigators, worked with members, contacted, and had a lot of really good lessons! It was a good one. My companion and I are really good! I am learning a lot from her and her from me and we are a good team :) I love the members of our ward as well. They love missionaries! Haha and because of it, we ate a whole lot this past week of holidays. Also...today, for New Years, we are scheduled for 3 dinners! Ah! Haha but its ok :)

Ok! This week we had the baptism of one of my new favorite people, Javier Calderon. He is 91 years old and has the biggest testimony and desire to follow Christ ever! He is just so wondeful :) He was baptized on Sunday morning with the help of three brethren!! Haha. It was a beautiful experience. When he emerged from the water, he had the BIGGEST smile on his face and the spirit was so strong it completely filled the room. You literally could not deny it. We had been praying this whole week for him to be able to be baptized and I know that our prayers were answered. Heavenly Father really does listen and He loves His children so much! :)

I dont have too much more time, but I wish you all the best New Years ever! Being a missionary and having the opportunity to work with goals has really helped me to understand the importance of setting goals, and doing all you can to be able to accomplish them. Rely on the Lord with your goals, he will help you :)

I love you all and pray for you daily! :)

Con mucho amor siempre!!
Hermana Ali :)

PS...I will attach photos next week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment