Hola !!!
How are things in your part of the world? I hope your week was fantastic! Full of exciting adventures, fun activities and happiness. :)
I can officially say that I have eaten something super different! Roasted Guinea Pig! Aka...CUY :D It was super tasty too! Haha. Luckily my stomach is at the point where I am able to experiment with different kinds of food! Woot!
Ok, so this week seems to have flown by in a whirlwind! Im not even 100% sure what happened. Well, first things first, we have a new companion! Her name is Hermana Perez. She is from Huancayo Peru and is only here temporally until she gets her visa. She was actually called to serve in the Columbia, Bogota Sur mission! Shes great! She has the biggest smile and a super good attitude too! All three of us get along super well and we are super excited to be able to teach together!
This week we basically have just been contacting and teaching as many people as possible. Not only is it wonderful opportunities to find new investigators, but it is also a great opportunity for my spanish to improve! I feel like its definitely coming along well. Something that I learned in the past couple of weeks is how important it is to serve other people. I have been striving to look for opportuities to serve, and praying only for other people. Because of that, Heavenly Father has really blessed me in my own abilities as well, especially with spanish. He works in mysterious ways, but he really does answer prayers. I love it!
Something that really stood out to me this week is the importance also of listening to the spirit. We have been teaching two sisters, Linda and Gypsy. We found Linda knocking doors, and Gypsy when we helped her with her groceries. We hadnt seen them for about a week, but we felt like we should go and visit them...so we did. :) Haha
When we went and stopped by, They told us that they had been praying for something to happen, or some sign that Heavenly Father really was there and listened. Because we listened to the spirit, their prayer was answered. How cool is that?? :)
I love it! I know Heavenly Father listens. Pray to him personally, and daily, he will answer :)
I love you all and pray for you daily! Until next week!
Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali :)