Sunday, February 10, 2013

Febrero! February 4, 2013


Hola!
 
Happy February!! This year is flying! I cant believe it´s already February. Seriously. Im learning here on the mission that time is one of our most precious  gifts and we shouldnt waste a single second! How is good o´l USA? I havnt heard much news of the happenings over there in a while :) How are things? How is everyone? I am a bit jealous that it is cold there...and winter. Haha it´s super hot here every day! However, the plus side is that by the time summer is over here...I will be a completely different color :) A couple of people have already thought that I am from Argentina...so it will be that much more convincing that I am actually Latina! Hahaha. Its about 90-96 degrees here in my area everyday plus humidity because I am on the coast. It´s basically the weather of Florida! But it is beautiful and there is always a nice ocean breeze to enjoy :)

I didnt have enough time to attach pictures of Jorge´s baptism last week now I do! Haha. Also, attached is a picture of my companions and I in Javier´s house ( our investigator that is 91 years old) He´s the best! And also another baptism of Hannah! She is 8 years old and just the cutest. She was baptized yesterday afternoon by her dad. I just love how strong the spirit is at baptismal services. So beautiful and so special! I love how simple the Gospel of Jesus Christ is and how it is everywhere simply and clearly in the Bible, in church, in the Book of Mormon and in every teaching of Christ. We need to have faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized by someone holding proper authority, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, and Endure to the end, living the commandments and being obedient every day for the rest of our lives. I love it! So simple, but SO important and necessary for salvation. :)

This week was a good one. Hermana Sanchez (my companion) and I worked super hard to meet every one of our goals this week and we found a lot of people who are interested in learning more! We also found another investigator who is 83 years old and has no teeth :) He is wonderful! Nothing of too much consequence happened this week except a lot of hard work, a lot of knocking doors and a lot of teaching!

I also gained an even stronger testimony of fasting and prayer this week. Hermana Sanchez and I fasted this Sunday for somethin in particular, with a prayer to start and a prayer to end, and Heavenly Father responded with exactly what we asked for! I know that it is because we had faith and we were willing to put in effort to make it happen. :) 

Heavenly Father knows us. He knows our struggles, and if we ask, he will bless us with what we need. :)

I love you all and hope to hear from each and every one of you! That is about all for this week :)

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali :)
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment