Sunday, February 3, 2013

Transfers and a baptism! January 28, 2013


Hooooooooooooooooola!

I hope your week was swell!!!!! Mine sure was. Well, I did not get transfered nor am I training a new missionary. However, our new third companion got her visa and left for her mission (Colubia, Bogota Sur) this morning! :( My companion, Hermana Sanchez and I are in the same ward, same area and ready to continue working hard and inviting others to come unto Christ this transfer! Usually there are 6 weeks in one transfer, but this transfer is only 4...so we shall see what happens in a month! 

This week was a good one! Last monday, we went to a historical spot of Peru which reminded me of downtown Sacramento! Haha. It was a spot overlooking the ocean (attached are pictures) and we took pictures and enjoyed the view. Apparently ¨Huaca¨ isnt a place...it means a place (any place) of historical significance. Hahaha oh man spanish. I learn more every day! Haha. 

In other news, I am out of training! 12 weeks! I feel accomplished. :) However, I know there is so much more that I will learn as I continually to serve faithfully.  My companion and I are now co companions! :) Im excited for this new part of my adventure!

This past Saturday, we had the opportunity to have the baptism of Jorge Mendoza!!! What a wonderful person he is! Super receptive to the spirit. One of the most humble people I have ever met with SO much faith in our Heavenly Father its such an example! His baptism was a beautiful experience. I love listening to peoples testimonies after their baptism because you can just see what a change they have made in their life. 

In his testimony, he shared something that really stood out to me. He said, when he emerged out of the water, he literally felt a part of him that was empty before, was filled. The following day, when he was confirmed a member of the Church and received the Holy Ghost, he described it as an undescribable sensation where he literally felt the spirit enter him. What a testimony builder! And what an amazing experience!!

I love being a missionary!!!! :)

Also, I want to add in that I LOVE the ward I am serving in! Las Villas in Chorillos :) We have supportive members who just love missionarys! Haha we are very spoiled with love...and large portions of rice :) 

Anyways, I think that is just about all for now! I love you all! Write me of exciting events that happen in your life! :)

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali







No comments:

Post a Comment