Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Father's Day!! June 17, 2013

First of all, Happy Fathers Day all the wonderful Fathers and Grandfathers in my life! :) Whether blood related or not. I love each and every one of you and look up to each one for the wonderful people that you are. I have learned so much from each one of you and am so grateful that you are in my life :) I have really gained a testimony here in my mission of the importance of Fathers and how much of an influence for good you all can be. Thank you for everything! I hope your day was marvelous and well deserved. :)

This past monday we went to the zoo!! Haha it was super small but had some really wierd animals. One of these animals (pictures attached) was almost exactlyt like the Rodents of Unusual Size in the Princess Bride!! So I took a picture and thought of my family. Hahaha :) Also, I baked chocolate chip cookies! I forgot the taste of the US. It was a good treat :) Haha

This week in the mission, not too much happened concerning events, but my testimony was strengthened big time of the strength of prayer! Also of the reality that this work in the mission really is the work of the Lord. We have been focusing a lot on working with members of the church in our wards to be able to strengthen them personally and also obtain references of  their friends/family that need the Gospel in the moment. Yesterday, we had lunch with our Bishop and his family and we decided to pray with them to be able to obtain anwers about who they should share the Gospel with.

Elder Andersen from the quorum of the 12 Apostles this General Conference that just passed gave an excellent talk with a promise. He said that if we pray for an opportunity to share the Gospel, faces of people we know, or names will come to our minds. So we did that with this family. The spirit was super strong and each member of the family had a specific name come to their minds. We also did the same with another family (the Perez family....a photo is attached of them :) and both the mom and dad of the family had the same person come to mind. It was incredible. Some can say that it is coincidence, but I know that the Lord heard our prayers and that he answered. There are so many people prepared to know the truth of the Gospel, they just have not had the chance to know it yet. 

I love you all! I hope your week is wonderful! Pray, Heavenly Father listens and answers :)

Con mucho amor siempre :)
Hermana Elisheva Ali

PS...I dont know why...but my photos didnt attach. I will try next week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment