Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lmaynalla mammitas y pappitos! June 3, 2013

Hola familia!!!!!!

As you can see from the title of this email...my quechua is improving!!! Haha My companion and I even contact in quechua sometimes! But then when they start asking questions...we have to switch to spanish. :) I hope your week was a good one! Stay strong, stay healthy and trust in the Lord. I pray for you all daily. :)

This week for us was way good! I absolutely love missionary work SO much! We taught a whole lot of lessons this week and we have just been working really hard to be able to find the people that the Lord has prepared for us to find and teach. My testimony of this work grows every single day seeing the change in people, seeing them accept the Savior in their lives. Also, my love for Peru, especially Ayacucho grows every day as well. I just love it. I have literally never been so happy in my life. :)

This week we had a super special experience! We had Elder Torres, a member of the quorum of the 70, his wife and also our mission president and his wife come and have a training conference with us. Being the zone farthest away from Lima, it was only us 24 missionaries and they four. It was SUCH a special experience and what I learned the most is that the barriers that we put up personally is what can get in the way of our faith. Elder Torres talked about that we put up our own barriers of maybe fear, or stubborness, this permits that the spirit is not able to testify to us as clearly as he can. It is incredibly important that we humble ourselves, let go of all our fear, or whatever might be impeding us to follow Jesus Christ and trust Him completely.

It was a way cool experience. AND in the afternoon, our mission President also came proselyting with us! It was a wonderful week. I hope this coming up week will be amazing for you all!

I am off to Lima for a conference for four days! Talk to you in a week! 

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment