Sunday, September 15, 2013

ONE YEAR!! September 9, 2013

Well, I have officially been on my mission for an entire year! I cannot believe it! Time has flown and it is continuing to fly! It is insane. I would really love to just be a missionary the rest of my life. But, I will just work super hard and super dilligently and continue helping others to come unto Christ for these last 6 months. :)
This week was incredible! In the sense that I learned a ton! All of what I learned had to do with repentance and the power of the Atonement. On tuesday, I went to Lima to participate in a leaders conference with President Douglas. It was incredibly powerful and the spirit was suuuper strong. Then, on Friday, we had another training conference in Chincha! Also with President Douglas. :) The entire theme was repentance.
The goal of this life, or the purpose of this life is to be able to prepare to live in the Celestial Kingdom with our Heavenly Father for all eternity. We are here on the earth as imperfect beings, trying our hardest to do what is right. However, every single day, we are faced with challenges, temptations, and trials all having to do with the natural man (or woman). The only possible way that we can overcome the natural man is to humble ourselves before God and repent, every single day. Repentance is not only beginning to leave the bad things and bad habits behind, but it is also starting to do the good things, that deep down we know are correct. For example, the first law of Heaven...OBEDIENCE. When we begin to obey the commandments of God, we are demonstrating our repentance and our desire to follow Jesus Christ. There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon in 2nd Nephi 25:23 that says ¨...for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, AFTER we do all that we can.¨

This scripture teaches a TON and I love it! Only after we do everything that is in our power...such as repenting, and being obedient every day, does the grace of the Atonement of Jesus Christ work in our lives.
It is miraculous the difference that it has made in my life this past week spiritually to have humbled myself before God daily and repented to where I could not repent more. I have felt the power of the Atonement and I have felt the peace that it gives me. I know it is real and as we do so, we are preparing ourselves to be able to live in the celestial kingdom with our Father in Heaven.
I love this work. I love our Savior and I love how happy I feel every day, helping others to feel this repentance in their lives. There is nothing better. I invite you all to do the same and see the difference it can make.
I love you all!
Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Elisheva Ali



No comments:

Post a Comment